Pregnancy time is a magical time for both the parents. But this magical experience is not gifted to all. There are a lot of people who wish to have an offspring, but due to various reasons are unable to conceive. There is a huge misconception that the problem mainly lies with the female partner. As said – it is only a misconception. The factors of infertility can be split into four categories:
- Female partner
- Male partner
- Both partners
In this, first and second category gives a same percentage of 30% for being the reason for infertility. The next two contribute 20% each. Know the female reproductive system more and unravel a new knowledge of how the ovulation occurs in women!
Ovulation is when a mature egg is released from the ovary, moves down the fallopian tube, and is available in the fallopian tube to be fertilised.
- Ovulation happens about two weeks before the next expected period. So if your average menstrual cycle is 28 days, you ovulate around day 14.
- If you have 28 days between periods ovulation typically happens on day 14, and the most fertile days are days 12, 13, and 14.
- If you have longer cycles, say 35 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 21 and the most fertile days are days 19, 20, and 21.
- If you have shorter cycles, say 21 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 7 and the most fertile days are days 5, 6, and 7.
Signs of Ovulation
- changes to your cervical mucus
- increased body temperature
- an ache in your belly
- tender breasts
- feeling more sexy than usual